Home

An evening snow turned quickly into a heavy rain, warm enough to make whatever lay on the ground dense and heavy, but not enough to wash it away.

My front driver-side tire has a slow leak. Two months ago, it was the passenger-side. I had been hoping to get it fixed, but changed my mind watching a neighbor's car skid and slide along the road before he turned around and went home.

Normally, I cram my spare time with books and diversions. After shoveling the driveway, I now have a rare moment when I'm not sure how to proceed. A mouse knocked an empty carafe out of our downstairs food cabinet. That must be cleaned. I was in the habit of drinking good tea before the pandemic, using ceramic vessels and quality leaf imported from places like Yunnan and Fujian. My tea tools gather dust, but I look at them now and then. They don't seem angry to me -- angry at going unused. They seem to evoke patience. Tea of this sort is best enjoyed with conversation.

Still maybe I'll grab a kettle and a tea knife, and enjoy a few cups while the rain falls heavy on the packed snow, and wait for a time to drive to the city and get my nail pulled, or whatever might be troubling my tire.

 

 


Popular posts from this blog

Gracian and the Shadows of Heaven

Cafe

Cafe